Your regular sweepers or landscapers can’t handle the extra mess? Only blowing grass clippings? Only sweeping litter? Don’t want to write-up another contract or cut existing relationships with current vendors?
No worries! We offer on call and one time services. We can tackle those curbs lines and more!
We can take care of those nuisance areas that your regular cleaning and maintenance vendors won’t take on.
Dirty curb lines, deteriorating ramps or concrete pads, and other unsightly areas consistently being overlooked or ignored are not problems you have to deal with regularly. We can schedule most on call services within the same week, if not day. In most cases we can have a sweeping unit and personnel on site within two hours of your call and for your accounting convenience we accept all major credit cards. These options allow you to get out of a bind and have your property sparkling before that executive or prospective tenant walk through without the need or hassle of the bidding process.
For a free estimate on on-call service or regular routine service, contact us today!
It is that time of year again, the cool crisp air, Halloween has past, we wait on Thanksgiving and it definitely feels every bit of Fall. The leaves are turning every shade of autumn and inevitably they are falling off the trees.
There is no amount of tree shaking that can rapidly rid your trees of their leaves and so your lots stay covered. Short of calling your local tree guys or having your lots completely covered, give us a call for additional services to help alleviate your leaf situation. With our regenerative air trucks, equipped with large hoppers, we can sweep most lots without the need to leave to dispose and return to finish. Additional services added to your regular routine service will allow your property to stand out during the seasonal leaf dump and maintain the curb appeal your business, customer’s and/or tenants expect.
To schedule a free estimate or to add additional services, contact us today.
We are now on YouTube! Click on over and check out some of our videos highlighting different equipment in different environments. Once subscribed you will be updated regularly with our most recent work captured on video and slide shows.
In the heart of an Atlanta suburb there is a development, an eat-sleep-play kind of property. Residential homes side by side with retail and entertainment establishments on sprawling acres and getting ready for life and activities. This property is in it’s final phase of development and is ramping up towards opening day.
Before the place jumps and jives there is constant movement behind the scenes to bring the property to the opening day readiness; completion of the buildings, staging, landscaping and more. Collectively these needs create an unsightly and hazardous work environment. On this job the need was to sweep the property and remove the dirt tracked throughout, nails, screws and a plethora of unidentifiable construction debris.
A blower moves matter into the sweeper’s path and out of confined spaces. We used a broom truck equipped with a 96″ magnet bar to remove the metal and heavy debris. Lastly, we also used a regen-air truck for the parking decks and to polish the lots off. Together with help of the water trucks to flush the asphalt, the property is rid of foreign objects and is one step closer to opening day.
The video below highlights some of the work;
If you have a need for construction sweeping, call or email us today for a free estimate.
Regular cleaning is necessary but the seasonal deep cleaning service will take your properties appearance to the next level. After Atlanta Sealcoating sealed this property’s asphalt, the next logical step was to have the fresh black coat offer contrast to brightened curb lines and decorative brick inlay.
Check out a few pictures;
If interested in our power washing service, give us a call!
Watt Commercial Sweeping steps past the industry norms and ensures that properties are not just swept but cleaned beyond the expected sweeping standards. We move through each property meticulously cleaning curb lines, loading docks, parking areas and more while picking up anything and everything; natural debris and foreign.
We service the entire Metro Atlanta Area including; Acworth, Kennesaw, Cartersville, Marietta, Smyrna, Dunwoody and more!
Contact us for any of the following;
- 24/7 One time/On call service
- Routine sweeping
- Construction sweeping
- Parking lot sweeping
- Retail Sweeping
- Corporate Commercial Sweeping
- Post event clean-up
Just because your needs are not listed here doesn’t mean we can’t help you get your property up to your satisfaction and standards. Give us a call today or contact us online here.
The video below shows a property being brought back up to an expected and manageable level of cleanliness. This property had several years of accumulation and called for some heavy duty cleaning. The required equipment for this was a mechanical sweeper, a few shovels and backpack blower for detailing. When completed the loading dock area was free of debris that included load lock shrapnel, pallet scraps and weeds growing from the accumulation. From this point routine maintenance will be needed for upkeep, however it will be much easier since removing years of litter and debris.
The video showcases the mechanical sweeper’s portion of the work. This unit is not limited to truck courts; it can also handle construction sites, city streets, manufacturing facilities and more.
Take a look!
For your free estimate on your parking lot maintenance and service needs click here to contact us today.
Update: All lines are restored.
We are currently having technical issues with our phone lines. Until AT&T can restore our lines, you may contact us through the following;
• Our contact form
• (770) 433-8071
The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, also known as EISA, requires federal agencies to maintain or restore a site’s pre-development hydrology when projects impact more than 5,000 square feet of a site. (Section 438 of EISA)
[PHOTO BY TYMCO]
In more Lehman’s terms this means the EPA is looking to ensure that new construction and major renovation sites do their part to ensure that storm water runoff is clean when passing through these projects. The EPA offers a list of practices to keep clean water running, here
, but these are not the end all, be all for solutions. Maintaining a clean site is very important when keeping these practices and sweeping is one way to make certain that any water coming through the site is as clean as possible. The idea that the water will be 100% filtered and clean is an impossible one when you consider all of your construction equipment and traffic, however once your initial lift and sewer are in place, adding a sweeping service will lower the contaminants (measured in PPMs) in the runoff. A suggested method is to reduce or eliminate the presence of curbs. The idea there is that absence of curbs allows the water to run through the property quicker and without restraints, but that’s inevitable when the projects calls for sidewalks and parking dividers/islands. Another example for best management practices (BMPs) is to install pervious asphalt, concrete and walkways that allow the water to seep through and into the ground versus through the site and into sewers; this to a good idea, until the dirt accumulation is so tight the water runs past it.
How does sweeping help? Glad you asked! Only sweeping litter might help your quality test numbers but will still leave unacceptable levels of contamination. Sweeping with the right equipment and having operators that know what they are sweeping for is the key to improving the cleanliness of the runoff water.
- Not all sweeping units will make the cut; to really eliminate the fine particles you need the following;
- A regenerative air unit. A sweeper that use forced induction AND vacuum
- A sweeping unit the is regularly cleaned and maintained with new suction hoses, access point seals and sweeping curtains
- A company with a diverse fleet is ideal; having only one type of sweeping unit will limit performance. Although you will need a regenerative air sweeper to eliminate the finer particles, sometimes, especially in new developments, the amount of dirt, gravel and mud becomes too much for even the bigger air sweepers. In this case you need a fleet that can provide a larger scale brush sweeper which would then be followed by an air sweeper. Having only one or the other will leave some jobs only half complete. It is more convenient to have the all in one instead of having to hire two types of sweeping companies.
- You need sweeper operator that is aware, experienced and knowledgeable in the BMP field. You may think all driver’s are the same, FALSE. A driver with little to no experience will simply drive around until it “looks clean” then leave and with his premature departure he leaves behind the fine particulates that will elevate contamination results. Implementing suggestions such as sewer inlet filtration and pervious grounds are great when combined with an experienced sweeper who will make sure those areas are closely monitored and frequently cleaned. Having a driver that can identify these areas, alone, is a plus. These areas require additional equipment; gutter brooms for the curb-lines and sewer inlets, shovels and good old elbow grease.
- Talk is great but you also need a company that has verifiable references, documentation and experience. The reality is that anyone can provide a reference number to call, but a trustworthy company will be able to provide more than just the contact number, examples;
- Valid business license. Anyone can buy a sweeper, however that does not make them a legitimate and experienced sweeping company
- High rated (verifiable) insurance. Most major projects will require a minimum one million+ in coverage
- Longevity. You don’t want to trust the results of your State mandated audits for quality to a start-up company
- Experience in the field. References to verifiable names in the contractor markets. ‘Joe Builders’ normally don’t meet the qualities of a reputable reference. Your choice should have experience with reputable companies that have used their services and attest that their ‘numbers’ have improved and/or not faltered
These are only some of the things you should consider when tasked with providing a clean working environment and ensuring that the runoff coming through your property is not contaminating your surrounding grounds and local sewer systems. To speak with someone regarding this type of service and/or if you know what you need and the above description fits the mold , we’re the company for you! Contact us Today!
We’ve been working with a major construction and development company that is building the new headquarters for one of the world’s top automobile makers. The new campus is at the old GM plant south of Atlanta, adjacent to Hartsfield-Jackson International. This campus will be home to many of the corporate executives and will also have a test track and off-road type obstacle course. Our task at this site is to maintain the parking garage but as they prepare to finish the test track area they requested our services with this project.
For this work we brought out the mechanical, or brush, truck. As seen on the before pictures, the asphalt had an abnormal amount of dirt as a result of the hill eroding over it after rain showers. The area was roughly a football field and a half long and maybe half wide, with areas of up to 3″ of piled dirt.
After methodically sweeping the parking lot and removing the wash down and build up, we brought over an air truck to fine tune and polish off the area. As seen below in the after picture, the only thing left on the asphalt are the infamous stains of the Georgia red clay. At this point the project manager would have the asphalt washed down, a service we also offer, but because this work was in preparation for the final lift (layer) of asphalt there was no need.
The completed work is a large area freed of a high volume of dirt and left ready for the asphalt crews to come in and make the test track ready for testing some very luxurious and fast cars! For construction sweeping or any other similar clean up services, call us!